Senior M&A Analyst with Capstone — Mergers & Acquisitions Consulting Firm
Job location McLean, VA
Job position Analyst or Senior Analyst (depending on relevant experience)
Job level Full-time employee
Job hours 50-55 hours/week
A Tyson's Corner, VA-based firm involved in mergers M&A acquisitions and strategic consulting, seeks a motivated, results-oriented, analytically driven individual to join our team as an Analyst or Senior Analyst (depending on experience). You will be a great fit for this role if you love market and company research, drawing insightful competitive dynamics from the data you compile and see yourself working in this space for many years to come.
A key component of the job is primary research (e.g., phone interviews), thus, mastery of conversational and professional English is required and previous experience in both primary and secondary research will be essential to perform successfully in this role. An understanding of fundamental business concepts, including competitive dynamics, value chain, finance, marketing, and strategy is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities include the following
- Support client engagements across all three phases of Capstone's multi-step Roadmap to Acquisitions™.
- Primary research — Involves speaking to trade associations, government agencies, academia, privately-held businesses at all levels of the organization including business owners. The ability to protect confidential and sensitive data while managing to reach out and gain valuable primary research for clients is critical to success in this role.
- Secondary research — Online, publications, association/industry resources, etc.; Responsible for using internal resources including web-based services as well as online search engines. Ability to compile, review and distill significant amount of information into meaningful, actionable reports is essential.
- Deliverables — Reports, summaries, matrices, presentations; Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is essential.
- Supporting business development efforts through timely research is expected from time-to-time.
- As part of a tightknit team, we all pull together so light administrative work is expected from time-to-time.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or demonstrated familiarity with business fundamentals and competitive dynamics;
- be creative and proficient in both secondary and primary research;
- be skilled at writing concise reports and presenting information in clear and creative ways (utilizing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- have a 'can-do' attitude: able to work independently while contributing to a team environment;
- excel in deadline-oriented environment through proactive communication while simultaneously handling multiple projects;
- have a strong work ethic and proactive nature to think critically about assigned tasks to propose enhancements as identified; and
- be ready to communicate persuasively with senior management of both Capstone and clients as needed.
- Previous experience managing other researchwould be considered a plus.
Some travel (~10%) may be required.
Capstone Strategic, Inc.
Capstone works with various privately-held businesses, as well as Fortune 500, and multinational corporations to develop and implement effective external growth programs. These programs encompass different growth paths including partnerships, joint ventures, divestitures, mergers, and acquisitions. Capstone has spent years refining a systematic approach that utilizes proprietary research techniques to compile and analyze the critical data required to make sound business decisions. Our unique tools are designed to bring objectivity to the process and increase the likelihood of success. Founded in 1995, our track record includes both domestic and international work from a wide cross section of manufacturing, distribution, and service industries.
How to apply
Submit resume and cover letter (required) by email to HR@CapstoneStrategic.com. No phone calls.