Research Assistant (VA) with Capstone — Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory Firm
Job function: Market/Company Research Assistant
Job location: Tysons Corner, VA
Job level: Part-time employee
Job title: Research Assistant
Job starts: April 2019
Job hours: At least 16 hours/week, preferably in 2-day blocks
Become a Research Assistant at Capstone and gain valuable strategic consulting, merger & acquisition advisory experience. Capstone works with various privately-held businesses which facilitates insight and valuable knowledge into a range of various industries. Capstone is a tight-knit firm where this RA position will support the delivery team to ensure reports are completed in a timely manner.
A key component of the job is primary research, thus, mastery of conversational and professional English is required and previous experience in primary research will be considered a major plus. An understanding of fundamental business concepts, including competitive dynamics, value chain, finance, marketing, and economics is preferred.
Responsibilities include the following
- Primary research — Involves speaking to trade associations, government agencies, academia, private businesses at all levels of the organization including business owners. The ability to protect confidential and sensitive data while managing to reach out and gain valuable primary research for clients is critical to success in this role.
- Secondary research — Online, publications, association/industry resources, etc.; Responsible for using internal resources including web-based services as well as online search engines. Ability to review and distill significant amount of information into meaningful, actionable reports is essential.
- Deliverables — Reports, summaries, matrices, presentations; Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is essential.
- Light administrative work is expected from time-to-time.
Desired qualifications include
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or demonstrated familiarity with business fundamentals and competitive dynamics;
- be creative and proficient in both secondary and primary research;
- be skilled at writing concise reports and presenting information in clear and creative ways (utilizing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- have a ‘can-do’ attitude: able to work independently while contributing to a team environment;
- excel in deadline-oriented environment while simultaneously handling multiple projects; and
- communicate effectively with senior management of both Capstone and clients as needed.
Research assistant positions are part-time (minimum of 16 hours/week) and may be paid ($18/hr) or for credit (for students with school approval).
Capstone Strategic, Inc. (Capstone) works with various privately-held businesses, as well as Fortune 500, and multinational corporations to develop and implement effective external growth programs. These programs encompass different growth paths including partnerships, joint ventures, divestitures, mergers, and acquisitions. Capstone has spent years refining a systematic approach that utilizes proprietary research techniques to compile and analyze the critical data required to make sound business decisions.
How to apply
Submit resume and cover letter (required) by email to HR@CapstoneStrategic.com. No phone calls please.