Capstone – Mergers & Acquisitions Consulting Firm
Job Location: Vienna, VA / Remote
Job Position: Analyst
Job Level: Part-time / Full-time employee (flexible depending on experience)
Job Hours: 50-55 hours/week
Opportunity Overview: Are you looking to change jobs or industries and want to experience a fast-paced, varied work environment while leveraging your strengths in research and report writing? If so, we’d like to invite you to consider applying to Capstone, a Vienna, VA-based firm involved in mergers & acquisitions and strategic consulting. We’re seeking a motivated, results-oriented, analytically driven individual to join our team as an Analyst.
Perhaps your previous career chapters have included roles in journalism or sales and marketing. Whatever your experience to date, you’ll be a great fit for this role if you love market and company research, are detail-oriented and a strong writer.
Key components of the job are secondary research (compiling company and market research into client-ready reports) and primary research (e.g., phone interviews), thus, mastery of conversational and professional English is required and previous relevant experience will be essential to perform successfully in this role. An understanding of fundamental business concepts, including competitive dynamics, value chain, finance, marketing, and strategy is strongly preferred although a can-do, learning attitude will be even more valuable.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Support client engagements across all three phases of Capstone’s multi-step Roadmap to Acquisitions™.
- Secondary research — Online, publications, association/industry resources, etc.; Responsible for using internal resources including web-based services as well as online search engines. Ability to compile, review and distill significant amounts of information into meaningful, actionable reports is essential.
- Primary research — Involves speaking to trade associations, government agencies, academia, privately-held businesses at all levels of the organization including business owners. The ability to protect confidential and sensitive data while managing to reach out and gain valuable primary research for clients is critical to success in this role.
- Deliverables — Reports, summaries, matrices, presentations; Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is essential.
- Supporting business development efforts through timely research is expected from time-to-time.
- As part of a tight knit team, we all pull together so light administrative work is expected from time-to-time.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or demonstrated familiarity with business fundamentals and competitive dynamics, through relevant work experience;
- be creative and proficient in both secondary and primary research;
- be skilled at writing concise reports and presenting information in clear and creative ways (utilizing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- have a ‘can-do’ attitude: able to work independently while contributing to a team environment;
- excel in deadline-oriented environment through proactive communication while simultaneously handling multiple projects;
- have a strong work ethic and proactive nature to think critically about assigned tasks to propose enhancements as identified; and
- be ready to communicate persuasively with senior management of both Capstone and clients as needed previous experience managing other research would be considered a plus.
Some travel (~10%) may be required.
Compensation (conditions apply):
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonuses based on Company performance
- Medical, dental, vision and disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation days increase with tenure, potential for flexible schedule when ‘life’ happens
Please submit resume by email to HR@CapstoneStrategic.com. No phone calls please.
Capstone Strategic, Inc. (Capstone) works with various privately-held businesses, as well as Fortune 500, and multinational corporations to develop and implement effective external growth programs. These programs encompass different growth paths including partnerships, joint ventures, divestitures, mergers, and acquisitions. Capstone has spent years refining a systematic approach that utilizes proprietary research techniques to compile and analyze the critical data required to make sound business decisions. Our unique tools are designed to bring objectivity to the process and increase the likelihood of success. Founded in 1995, our track record includes both domestic and international work from a wide cross section of manufacturing, distribution, and service industries.